Microsoft released an official whitepaper about Software Updates Management in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. This whitepaper gives detailed explanation how Software Updates Management works (logs, modules, inbox files, etc.). This document will be interesting for experienced ConfigMgr administrators.
You can download this whitepaper here.
New book Microsoft System Center Software Update Management Field Experience was released by Microsoft Press:
This ebook addresses some of the gaps and pain points you might encounter when implementing, administering, and troubleshooting Software Updates using Configuration Manager 2012 R2.
You can download Microsoft System Center Software Update Management Field Experience book here.
Two days ago new version of MDT was released – Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 Update 1 Preview.
What’s new with MDT 2013 Update 1 Preview:
- Support for the Windows 10 Technical Preview (LTI only) and the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 10 Technical Preview
- Split WIM support for UEFI media scenarios
- Completely revised Windows version logic including changes from string to integer comparison (“10” !> “6” but 10 > 6) and a new ZTIUtility function, GetMajorMinorVersion
- Minor revisions to Deployment Workbench console interface
How can you download the new release of MDT:
- Register on Microsoft Connect website and add Configuration Manager & Microsoft Intune to your dashboard
- Download Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 Update 1 Preview
- Download Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) for Windows 10 Technical Preview
- Install MDT 2013 Update 1 Preview (only for use in lab environments)
Also you can find a lot of information about Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 Update 1 Preview changes here.