Cumulative Update 5 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager was released today. You can find a list of issues that are fixed and download Cumulative Update 5 here.
Today during Microsoft Ignite a new version of ConfigMgr was announcing – System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview.
System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview has a lot of new features. The most interesting features are:
- task sequence for upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10;
- support for installing Configuration Manager on Azure Virtual Machines;
- ability to manage Windows 10 mobile devices via MDM with on-premises Configuration Manager infrastructure without the need to store your data in the cloud.
System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview supports up to 10 Windows 7/8/8.1/10 clients and doesn’t support upgrade from/to another builds, what means using in lab only.
Service Pack 2 for System Center Configuration Manager 2012 SP1/R2 will be released next week. The most interesting changes are:
- support for all new Microsoft Intune features;
- support up to 150K clients per primary site (up to 600K per hierarchy);
- support for SQL Server 2014.
Also, new version of MDT 2013 will be released in Q3 for full Windows 10 support.
In addition, Microsoft is announcing:
- Intune Conditional Access and Mobile Application Management for the Outlook app;
- Azure AD Cloud App Discovery;
- Public preview of Azure AD Privileged Identity Management;
- Public preview of Azure Rights Management Document Tracking;
- Windows 10 support for Microsoft Intune.
So, 2015 is an awesome year for SCCM guys!:)
- Official announcing is about Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS);
- Official announcing is about Microsoft Intune;
- Official announcing is about System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview;
- Custom URI settings for Windows 10 phone devices;
- Download System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview;
- Requirements, limitations and capabilities for the System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview.