Two days ago Microsoft released a new update 1610 for Configuration Manager. This update consists of a lot of new features. From my point of view the most important features are:
- Cloud management gateway as an alternative to IBCM;
- new model of boundary groups;
- Peer Cache for clients that can reduce numbers of distribution points.
The full list of new features you can find in official documentation.
CU4 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP2 and System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager SP1 was released today and contains a lot of bug fixes. You can download Cumulative Update 4 here.
Also new version of MDT – Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 8443 – is available here.
Some of the key changes in this build of MDT are:
- Support for the Windows ADK for Windows 10, version 1607
- Support for Windows 10, version 1607, and Windows Server 2016
- Support for Configuration Manager, version 1606
- Improvements to deployment and upgrade of Windows 10